Yamaha Sport RAPTOR 90
Yamaha Sport RAPTOR 90 may be small in size, but it’s equipped with several features found on larger Yamaha models – including double A-arm independent front suspension, drum brakes, CVT transmission and electric start.
The YFM90R balances power with a range of features to give you total peace of mind. A simple CDI plug-in adjusts engine power output to suit different riding abilities while a parking brake on the handlebar ensures that the YFM90R stays exactly where you left it. The fully automated gearbox allows junior to concentrate on the track to build confidence.
Engine/Yamaha Sport RAPTOR 90
- ROBUST 90CC ENGINE: The 90cc four-stroke SOHC engine is tuned to develop excellent low- to mid-range performance, just where it’s needed. The engine is air-cooled for simplicity, performance and long life, and uses ultra-reliable wet-sump lubrication.
- ELECTRIC STARTER: Push-button electric starting comes standard. For additional peace of mind, an emergency kick starter is also provided in a storage spot under the seat.
- AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION: Fully automatic, continuously variable transmission (CVT) means no shifting. Handy for all riders, it’s a feature entry-level riders particularly appreciate. Standard reverse gear further eases the Raptor 90’s maneuvering.
- SPORTY DRIVETRAIN: Engine power is transferred to the rear wheels via a tried-and-true O-ring chain drive, running along a swingarm that’s set at an optimized angle for rear shock performance.
- LOW MAINTENANCE DESIGN: Servicing is easy thanks to features like the tool-less quick-access air filter element.